Welcome to the Farmstead Arts Center
a center for fine, performing and practical arts in Basking Ridge, NJ located on the grounds of the historic Kennedy Martin Stelle Farmstead.
Farmstead Fall Fundraiser:
Bluegrass-Bar-B-Q Barn Dance!
Saturday, September 9th
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Featuring music by Wayne Fugate and Uncommon Ground
Click here to enjoy some tunes: https://www.waynefugate.com/music
On Saturday, September 9 from 6-9 pm, the English Barn at Farmstead Arts will provide the perfect backdrop for an evening of great music, wholesome food and fun for the whole family. Food provided by the Soup Shoppe in the Riverwalk Plaza in Basking Ridge will be available to purchase beginning at 6pm (for menu, visit https://farmsteadartscenter.org/events/duck-races/).
Music and dancing will begin at 7pm, featuring Uncommon Ground, a hot alternative Bluegrass group based in New York’s Hudson Valley. The band draws on the talents of Mike Kobetitsch on guitar, and mandolinist Wayne Fugate, both long-time veterans of the Bluegrass scene who have performed with “Out to Lunch” and a host of other noteworthy bands and musical luminaries. Fugate was also heard and seen on Broadway playing mandolin and guitar on Steve Martin and Edie Brikell’s Tony nominated musical Bright Star. Fiddle player Lisa Gutkin, Grammy Award winning member of the Klezmatics, was most recently seen and heard in the Tony Award winning Broadway production of “Indecent”. And rounding out the group is the ever amazing string bass player Phil Helm, principle bass in the Hudson Valley Philharmonic whose technical precision, fertile inventiveness, surprising touches and mastery of the Bluegrass genre, give the band a distinctive, signature voice.
The band will be joined by caller Suzi Tipa, who will be teaching and calling dances.
Fundraising events will feature a silent auction with goods and services donated by area businesses and individuals available to the highest bidder. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about Farmstead membership at the membership booth where they will also be able to purchase unique Farmstead t-shirts featuring artwork by Liberty Corner artist Linda Arnold. There will be lawn games provided for families with children. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs if they prefer to sit outside.
Children 5 and under are FREE
Or CASH ONLY at the door
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
1. Kramer Portraits of Hillsborough and Red Bank: 2 gift certificates –
Renaissance Portrait – value $2500, minimum bid $250
Little Expressions (child’s) Portrait – value $1500, minimum bid $150
2. Odarka Stockert, celtic harpist: two 30-minute harp lessons, value $100, minimum bid $50
3. The Foxy Salon and Spa in Dewey Meadow Shopping Center, Basking Ridge: 3 gift certificates for a manicure, value $12 each, minimum bid $5
4. Pianist Jimmy Horan: one hour of background piano at a private party – value $200, minimum bid $100
5. Jimmy Horan: one hour of private piano or vocal instruction – value $100, minimum bid $50
6. Shakespeare Theater of NJ: gift certificate for two tickets to remaining productions – value $150, minimum bid $75
7. Lindt Chocolates: gift basket – value $75.00, minimum bid $40
8. Dean’s Natural Food Market: gift basket and gift certificate – value $100.00, minimum bid $50
9. Central Valley Farm: gift basket fresh from the farm – value TBD
10. Farmstead Arts: gift certificate for Weekend Concert Series Tickets – value $100.00, minimum bid $50
11. Jackie Fuchs from Coldwell Banker Realtors: Bird Nesting Birdhouse – value $30.00, minimum bid $15.00
12. Pretty Pink Rooster of Bernardsville: “Audrey” Necklace and Earrings Set – value $50.00, minimum bid $25.00
13. Stephen Taylor Portraits of Bernardsville: 14” Portrait – value $3,000, minimum bid $200
For information please contact:
Kathy Harris, Operations Manager
Farmhouse and English Barn
Listed on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places, the Farmstead was honored with the New Jersey Preservation Award, one of the State’s highest honors for preservation and adaptive re-use and Somerset County’s Historic Preservation Award. The Friends of the Kennedy Martin Stelle Farmstead is a not for profit 501(c) 3 organization. Restoration of the buildings at the Farmstead is made possible thanks to funding from the Somerset County Historic Grant Program, the New Jersey Historic Trust and the 1772 Foundation.
Farmstead Arts offers art classes, workshops, art exhibits, theater, concerts, dance, children’s activities and lectures in history and the arts. Local artists utilize the upstairs rooms in the farmhouse for individual studio space.
The Farmstead is a not for profit organization, and relies on memberships and donations to continue to restore the farm buildings and present programs. Your donations are greatly appreciated. Donations to Farmstead Arts, as part of The Friends of the Kennedy Martin Stelle Farmstead, a not for profit 501(c) 3 organization, are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law.
|You can make a donation using the button above or send a check payable to:
The Friends of KMS Farmstead
Annual Membership fees are $50 family, $35 individual, $20 for seniors and students. Membership applications are here.
Funding has been made possible, in part, by a grant from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts/Department of State, a partner agency of the National Endowment for the Arts, through funds administered by the Somerset County Cultural & Heritage Commission through the State /County Partnership Local Arts Program.