- Wee Little Arts Summer Camps – Two session: July 11-15 and July 18-22, 10:30-11:30 am. Marie Johnson will be teaching at the Farmstead Arts summer camps for children entering grades K-2. The fee for each one-week session is $110. Each camp is limited to 12 students. For more information and to register for camp, visit:
- Weaving Connections Summer Camp – NEW Session August 1-5 for grades 2-5. Weaving Connections, is supervised by Farmstead Artist in Residence Michelle L. Marigliano, is a camp for children in grades 2-5 on August 1-5 from 1-4 p.m. Ms. Marigliano works with Young Audiences of New Jersey guiding teachers in the use of creative movement in the classroom, and has a masters in Child Development with experience working with children with special needs. The camp will incorporate weaving and nature exploration with other camp activities and is limited to 12 students. To learn more about the camp, or to register, visit http://fasummercamp.eventbrite.com.
- Farmstead Arts is pleased to welcome guitarist Francesco Stabile. Originally from Italy, Francesco has recently performed at Lincoln Center and will offer private and group guitar lessons on Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting June 14. He will also offer a group lesson called “Sounds Around” for grades 1-4 to teach them about making music from everyday sounds. This class will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesdays at the Farmstead from June 28 – July 19. To find out more information, or to register: For private and group lessons, visit: http://farmsteadartsguitar.eventbrite.com/ For Sounds Around classes, visit: http://soundsaround.eventbrite.com/.
- PLEIN AIR PAINT OUT and ARTsee Sneak Preview, July 23-24. Artists in any media are invited to participate in a plein air “paint out” any time of day. Come be inspired by woodsy paths, beautiful riverside acreage, and historic buildings at Farmstead Arts. Works may be offered for sale at the Sunday, July 24 reception. To learn more, contact Caren Frost Olmsted at 908-208-7516, or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Sunday, July 24 from 1-4 pm the public is invited to join the artists for a reception, live music, a silent auction, refreshments, a sneak peek at over 40 selected works for exhibit and sale, and learn about the upcoming Bernardsville-Basking Ridge ARTsee Open Studio Tour scheduled for Sunday, October 2, 2011. The exhibit will be open July 24-August 20 on Saturdays and Sundays from 1-4 p.m. To learn more about the tour, visit http://www.ARTseeTour.com. Events are free and open to the public.
- Contemporary Collage Workshops Wednesday, August 10 and Thursday, August 18 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Artist Susan Antin will offer two workshops open to teens and adults to learn how to make contemporary collages. For more information and to register, visit http://www.antinworkshops.eventbrite.com.
- Colored Pencil Drawing Workshops Thursday, August 25 and Wednesday, August 31 from 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Artist Susan Antin will offer two workshops open to teens and adults. For more information and to register, visit http://www.antinworkshops.eventbrite.com.
- Wildlife Painting Workshop August 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Artist Andrea Gianchiglia of Bedminster will demonstrate the structure and anatomy of animals. A brief refresher on drawing an animal will be demonstrated. The class will learn how to tackle an animal painting in a few mediums including both oil and watercolor. For more information and to register, visit http://www.wildlifepainting.eventbrite.com. To learn more about Andrea, visit http://www.agillustration.com.